Friday 19 September 2014

look at blogs!

Searching out others' blogs is a good habit to get in to.

Finding inspiration online is good for your blog....and your artwork.

The Jealous Curator blog curated by Danielle Krysa is so successful that there's a spin-off book - Creative Block 


The book's text is based around the author's Q&A dialogue with 50 artists, on 'getting unstuck'. 

It includes examples of artists turning to blogs for some of their inspiration.

Boston based artist Leah Giberson says:

"...I usually turn to the Internet....I love to start the morning with a peek at sites like Pinterest or Flickr...My paintings have used someone else's photograph as the starting point, and I've found most of these on Flickr...I always  contact the photographer...to request..permission. I've ended up making connections with people from all over the world".


Leah Giberson's paintings on Flickr

Artist Laura McKellar comments:

"I find inspiration..online, blogs". 

and importantly adds:

"I like to discover new places...being out in the world...realizing there is so much more (than the internet)".


Laura McKellar embroidery



No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts are welcome. All comments are moderated.